Today, authors and readers are sharing why they read and/or write historical romance. The hashtag #WhyIReadHistoricals or #WhyIWriteHistoricals is taking over social media.
Thus this post, in which I reveal the
patently obvious reasons I read and write historicals.
1. Because men wandered around dressed like this.
2. Because this old thing?
3. Because atten-shun!
4. Because the quaint country houses.
5. Because flirting was art.
6. And courtship was choreography.
7. Because merely attending an entertainment was the event.
8. Because extensive reading was enticing.
9. Because this could show up in your prettyish kind of wilderness.
10. Because I could have danced all night.
11. Because social media was handwritten.
12. Because “A Lady” crafted delightful stories.